7.4.11

itemized.



Hat: Stolen from Husband, originally from Banana Republic. While this hat looks OK on me and I wear it often, it actually looks much better on him.

Coat: My all time favorite $12 Vintage find. I can sell every other amazing coat I find as long as I know this old faithful is hanging in my closet.

Dress: Vintage from the 1940's, a gift from my mom's friend Lynn who got it from her mother-in-law, who has held on to it all of this time along with a whole huge wonderful batch of 40's day dresses that I am going to try to sell for her at a huge vintage / handmade jewelry party my mom and have put together that is happening at a little cafe in my town one week from today. If you live in the greater Northern Nevada area you are totally invited. Email me for the address and time. secondskin19 (at) gmail (dot) com.

Belt: thrifted

Belt Case: A very lovely and thoughtful gift from my sweet friend Seval. She lives in Turkey and has taught me that Istanbul must be one of the most amazing cities in the world. I will one day go there and visit her. Though she and I have not emailed or corresponded for some time now, I know that we will always be friends.

Boots: just from Nordstrom a couple of years ago.

25 comments:

Unknown said...

that dress is seriously gorgeous! you are very lucky to have it. do you plan on selling any of the dresses online if they don't sell at the special sale event? i would be interested in seeing a peak that them!

it must still be chilly in nevada!

liveonbeauty said...

beautiful dress! actually gorgeous!
good night
anna

xox

www.liveonbeauty.org

liveonbeauty said...

i am enjoying the new reading!

Lara said...

I love the old man cap! I used to wear them all the time and now I think you have inspired me!

lindsey lowe said...

your belt is so cute. i love it! and it serves many purposes.

Dirty Hair Halo said...

only $12 ?!!?!

shiiiiiit, girl.

Anonymous said...

Hm, mentally calculating what the price of a plane ticket might do the cost of those vintage items...wish I could come.

Anonymous said...

Okay, the first words that came to mind was "What the freak is that belt?" "Is that a money case on it?" "Oh my god, I need that"

Jo - Lost in the Haze said...

Goodness, I love the jacket! So so much! The hat looks great too!

x
www.lostinthehaze.com

Unknown said...

That dress is so beautiful, I thought it was new!
I too have a few favorites that i wold grab no matter what, and be satisified :)
You are so very lovely, your smile makes me smile!
xXx
Reva

jessica january said...

loooooooooove the coat!! i can't believe it was only $12! that's such an incredible find!!

january, x
jessicajanuary

Unknown said...

that dress is adorable and i love your hat!


<3 steffy
Steffys Pros and Cons

Anonymous said...

Loving how often you have been posting lately!!

Your clothing is so beautiful and inspiring - and the view you have is something else :)

Amanda WG said...

ah 40's dresses are the best! this one is extra lovely :)

Unknown said...

that belt case and dress are to die for!! ahhhh.
I also love that you have been posting more! it def makes my day!

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're back to blogging again. Your style is so fun and inspirational!

Jodi said...

I've been catching up on you posts. Your pictures this week are great. I'd love to talk yoga with you sometime. I'm growing in my practice too and I love reading what your working on. I'd also love to drop in on that sale if I was in the neighborhood...maybe some other time.

Meggstatus said...

That may be the best belt I have ever seen. Think of all the goodies you could put in the pouch! And that jacket, I don't even have to say anything about that cause it speaks for itself.


I haven't had the time to browse blogs for awhile and I forgot how much I miss you. I hope you're doing well.


XO

Megg

Camille said...

you look so cute!
the dress is amazing!
love your belt and the beret as well!

sacheebombom.blog.com

jenny said...

Gorgeous! I'm so glad I found your blog (thanks, Mel). Loving your style! Also, I wanted to say you should plant herbs. Lavender and rosemary would do well in your climate. Also, succulents would be great, too. Feel free to email me if you've got any "rooting" questions! Blessings.

The Bohemienne said...

That dress is so lovely!

http://thebohemienne.wordpress.com/

Swalvs said...

Of course we will... I have no doubt... As we both know, life can be a little bit funny sometimes. But you're always in my mind... Love you!

Teresa said...

Cute dress!

Love,
Teresa

Juanette said...

love the dress, especially with the hat!

Victoria / Justice Pirate said...

this coat is so pretty and looks perfect to wear. I also like your dress very much!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...