- I contacted a vintage dealer who will come to my house and buy my vintage off of me regularly at 50 pieces a pop. (this is a big deal for me)
- I restocked the two retail spaces I am selling vintage out of. (and collected my moolah)
- I discounted the remaining inventory in my etsy shop to prepare it for selective weekly listings and my new listing schedule. (I have been slacking horribly in this department but I have a plan this time)
- I watched my son get his very first hair cut by someone who was not me at a salon. (my heart broke. This was the first time his personal aesthetic differed from mine, but instead of holding those reigns too tight, I let him have the haircut of his choice. ends up he has impeccable taste in hair cuts, and now looks like the most handsome boy I have ever seen. Though he was before the hair cut as well)
- Ran into a "loose end" at the grocery store and sorted it all out. (7 years ago I took a water painting class from a woman named Janice. I loved the class and took to it very well. Janice lent me her very favorite paint brush to use for the class. Due to certain variables, I stopped showing up to the class and accidentally kept her brush. I felt guilty about it. Ends up she still gave me a passing grade for the class and when it came time for me to graduate from university, that credit saved me from having to go a whole extra semester. I felt even more guilty about her brush. I saw her at the store tonight for the first time since my last day in her class and apologized for the brush, gave her $20, which she only accepted $10 of, and thanked her for the grace she showed me by passing me even though I dropped out AND stole her favorite brush. She was touched, but promised that she wasn't bothered. We talked for a long time and it ends up she runs a gallery and wants to see my work and show it if I get at it again. She always thought I did pretty well at it and would love to see me work again. wow.)
- Decided to start sculpting again.
- Took these pictures in between the store and my decision to make work again. (actually my husband took them since I was nearly out of sunshine time and was in a hurry to not to miss it.)
- Made Tilapia for the first time. (it was good)
- Realized that it was a very eventful day.
- Cracked open a bottle of wine.
The following photos are for my grandma, but you can take a gander too if you would like:
He loves it. LOVES it. He feels older and cooler. I love it too. It was just sort of a big deal to me for some reason. It was the first step he has taken, the first opinion he has had about how he would like to look and the visual identity he would like to have. Anyway, I am having a very strong MOM feeling right now. I know that is not really something I talk about here so if you are not interested in relating I will not take it personally. But thank you for giving my feelings an audience. Not sure why, but it feels nice to know that you are reading this. As it always does since that is why I continue to do this. So thank you. and thank you for your advice yesterday.
Shoes: lucky Brand