Due to the fact that I have been incommunicado these past couple of days (camping, sleeping, cleaning, and other random things) I thought I would run out really quick and get a few shots of my outfit today. Right now it is just pouring down rain but I got in just in time! I think you can see the sheets of it falling behind me. It's so cool! So, as I was getting dressed today I was realizing that the next new set of trends will be kicking in soon and the current ones will be considered, "last season" or some shit like that, and that always sort of makes me sad. Back in December I made a few predictions for this current season and I am still loving all of the things I hoped for. A few things I still love that may be going out (jeeze I hope not) but I will continue to wear anyway, no matter what are:
- Stripes (I just love them, as do most and while this may be considered a "classic" I feel like even classics can get saturated. I just don't care though.)
- Ray Ban Wayfarers (again, classic, but don't classics come in in waves? I don't want this one to wash out.)
- Sailor stuff. Nautical. Crisp whites and Navy with accents of gold and red. Rope. all that stuff. I know, still classic, still love.
- Gladiator sandals. (Ok this may be like Roman and Greek classic, but they had a moment in the sun for the last few years and I feel like its sun is setting. or it already set. sadness.)
- Basket weave purses and bags. Please don't ever go away.
- Vintage day dresses. Nuff said.
- Knee high boots (these are my winter stapes and cannot be torn from me. I don't care how they eventually date me. I will be 90 years old and still wearing flat tall boots.)
- Lots of other things that I was so happy as they were appreciated by the masses but worried that they would be killed due to their popularity.
I think it just feels like this past season entered into a trending pattern that so perfectly fit my personal style and it seemed like maybe I was coincidentally hitting the mark. I guess personal style evolves. I don't care about being "current" though so I guess it doesn't really matter. Just thought I would give a shout out to the things that I loved that just happened to be trendy this year, that I am unwilling to let go of. Do you have one that you are holding fast to?
Pants: Lux UO
shoes: Sam Edelman
Purse: Coach thrifted