9.11.09

Lighter Shade of Pale



Ever since I was very young I have been VERY matchy matchy.  Like, if my Strawberry Shortcake shirt had Pink and green and white in it, I would insist on stacking pink and green and white socks with white and pink LA Gears (Obviously, I am a child of the 80s).  I had this black and white patterned suspender romper that I wore with an off the shoulder cropped black shirt (you know the kind with the elasticized neckline and puffed sleeves) that had lace on the bottom like bloomers, that I paired with white lacy socks and shiny black patent leather lace-up shoes with sheer ribbon laces.  Anyway you get the point.

As an adult, I realize that there are whole families of colors that when worn together, are considered monochromatic - not necessarily matchy matchy.  When you take these color families and break them up among one outfit into contrasting textures, this combination is even more interesting and less matchy.  As I integrate colored leggings into my wardrobe, I have the strongest inclination to make them match completely with the rest of the outfit.  I TRY to let them be a contrasting / coordinating element, but these Gray ones BEGGED to be paired with pale neutrals.  DID I GET IT WRONG? Sort of new at this tight thing so constructive criticism is welcome!!

7 comments:

Piglet said...

I think you got it spot on! Love the soft grays.
(ps, found you via Weardrobe, lovely blog!)

idée_géniale said...

I love this! But it might be my fondness for all the shades of grey....you got it just perfect with the tights! ANything else would've been out of place!

Kass said...

I think it looks perfect!
I like all the different greys
and your skirt is super cute!

Orchid Grey said...

Love this!

A and A said...

yes! this is quite amazing. Love you in these soft greys of different textures.
Nice to stumble upon your blog, its lovely.
cheers from San Francisco.
xx alex and amy

http://refusestolabel.blogspot.com

LyddieGal said...

I love this!
You've just inspired me to take out my seersucker blazer and try something new!

Eyeliah said...

I featured and linked this outfit on my blog here, hope that's okay! :-) Eyeliah

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...