30.11.10

getting a little dirty

I has been gorgeous here. It snowed like crazy last week but its all melted now and has left us with mud. No problem.  I can cope with mud. It was pretty exciting taking these pictures today! I felt like I was about to go on a date or something! Its weird. I guess we do sort of get to having these strange relationships with our cameras after a year or so of self portraits. The whole process is pretty interesting to me.

I was going to go on to the next part of my self discovery/ new endeavor / rant of the mind sort of writing, but I have a lot to do this evening. I will say that I am more excited than ever to share it with you!  Thank you.

Coat: thrifted vintage
Cardi: that Sac antique faire I always talk about
Scarf, tank: AA
Shorts: cutoff from old AE pants
Tights: I think UO but not sure

Boots: Actually Wanted sent these to me and I was reluctant to keep them for a minute since I was not sure how often I would wear them (I sometimes feel strange wearing "new" things), but since they are synthetic, and comfortable and washable (with a hose, which is apparently needed today) I have found them to be a daily staple in these snowy/muddy days we have been having. They are like rubber boots or something!  It's been great to not even worry about my leather lovelies! ALSO, they are called NEVADA boots so how perfect is that. Jeeze Louise right?)

Hat: I got this from Brittany at Finders Keepers!! I Stumbled over there one day and it was just sitting in her shop!!  I couldn't even believe it! Anyway, so I bought it and she sent me an email later telling me that she had thought of me when SHE bought that hat at the thrift store!!! Whoa right! Its not like she warned me about it or anything, she just found it and I found it and now I have it and I love it!! Thanks Brittany!!

21 comments:

amanda said...

i am slightly mesmerized by your cardigan. it's pretty crazy cool. like is it actually textured? sooo awesome. and i am can't wait to hear more about your journey. i don't totally follow all of it, but i do know how much i admire your transparency in all this and your willingness to allow us to see you grow :)

archives vintage said...

i am L O V I N G the textures going on here! you really have the best wardrobe color palate, too. seriously.


thank you for sharing and taking us on this journey...really excited to hear what you've got cookin, C!

xo

archives vintage said...

ha! i love that amanda and i were commenting and saying basically the same thing at the same time! :)

Lucy said...

So you're the one who scored that hat!! I kept meaning to purchase it and was so mad at myself when it disappeared one day, lol.

It looks fantastic on you. :)

Margaret said...

oh my god. you've done it again.

i cannot believe how gorgeous you are! i love how the orange coat looks with the hat and your beautiful blond locks.

i wish you luck on your journey! :)
xo,
margaret

Ana said...

Ive been insanely busy so I'm being a bad commenter, but I just wanted to say I'm definitely on board to keep reading about your insight :o)

Bri said...

Love this look, I'm feeling the feathers in the hat and the colors in this outfit!

Nice mud shot....

Anonymous said...

You are absolutely glowing!

In the Weeds and the Whimsy said...

Every time I venture over to your blog I get happy. It's something about the way you use texture (like those tights) that just gets me beaming.

I also love the mud and playing in it (or playing in anything).

You're such a gem.

Brittany said...

Oh I am so excited to see the hat on you- it looks so perfect!!! It always makes me so giddy when the right vintage piece goes to the right person! Win! You look stunning!

X said...

cute hat:)

Daer0n said...

Beautiful photos, beautiful day, background and outfit, I love it from head to toe.

That hat is awesome and so are your boots, even with the mud on them ;)

Healthy and Homemade said...

I absolutely love this look!!

Anonymous said...

Looking great :)
Talk about mud! I thought it was bad round here ;)

Deirdre Schwiesow said...

I love all your outfits, but this is the first one I've seen that I think is totally "me" - I would wear everything in just this way - the fabulous cardigan, particularly! And, while I sometimes paint my toenails red, you have inspired me to go home and paint my fingernails red too - I think it works so well because your nails are fairly short - such a great detail!

Love the fashion *and* the self-exploration, btw -- a perfect combo, IMHO.

6roove said...

adorable shoes!
I love entire look, all that layers look fantastic.

kisses
Watching the waves

Carolyn said...

Those boots are gorgeous as well as practical, and the textured tights, ahh, I love them...
You look cosy and comfortable. It's hard to believe there was snow on the ground there before!!

Anonymous said...

It's a lovely cardigan. What grows in those fields where you take your photos?

Cadmium said...

omg, i am simply crazy about that feathered hatband

km. said...

love that chapeau!

Kate xo
collectionsandcreations.blogspot.com

Elekon said...

fantastic cardigan, love the colours of the oufit!

www.elekonchicboutique.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...