13.5.10

Cheese balls. What?

The reason I am grinning like a freaking maniac in this last picture is because my son was standing behind the camera and trying to run in front of the frame before my remote engaged the shot (2 seconds) We got SEVERAL shots of his nose and hair, and this was the only one that was not completely obstructed and its cropped! So funny!  Anyway, I was happy to hear that you liked my video yesterday! I felt like such a ninny! "Like a Unicorn!"  My goodness.  What a cheese ball.  I just wasn't about to start over again.  I may put the bloopers up on my youtube channel someday, but I probably won't. You get it.  I am a dork! Thanks for humoring me.  And Scarlett?  What?  Big shift from Maggie.  I think its just my hair color.  You know, it makes me like a chameleon.  Super flattering compliment though.  Thanks! Hey, If any of you try the cut, let me know how it goes K.  Pictures, video, hate mail (gosh I hope not) or whatever!  I am just super curious to know if my instructions translated well enough to actually work!

I am pretty into this dress!  Mel gave it to me when she came out here for Coachella! She packed super amazingly light, but thought to tuck this little darling away for me! What a sweetie! It fits just right too!  I love the opening in the back and the fitted shape with the longer length.  It feels balanced. The little pixilated rose buds are sweet too.

I am photographing the next set of items to list today.  I will get a preview up around noon probably and begin listing this afternoon I hope.  (I think the men have a date at the comic book store this afternoon!) but if not today, tomorrow morning for sure.  Mostly rompers, sundresses and day dresses.

Dress: vintage gift from Mel
Shoes: vintage thrifted
purse: vintage thrifted
hat: the same

26 comments:

Alice In Fashionland said...

Beautiful dress!Love the whole outfit!

Sara Lynn said...

Hey girl! So last night I cut my hair after watching your video :) I think I will have a pic up this weekend. I didn't cut my bangs the same way though, I just trimmed them like I normally do, but now I have awesome layers! I really wanted layers for awhile, I have not been to the hair salon in over 4 years so thanks for putting up a video! :D

PS-I love that dress on you! You look so classy!

tomorrowneverknowsfashion said...

I just found out my hairdresser is leaving on vacation for 3 weeks on monday so I may be trying out your video!
by the way, can I steal your backyard??? it's gorgeous!

Emily
tomorrowneverknowsfashion.wordpress.com

Melanie said...

That dress is really beautiful...just like your smile.

What's that about cheese balls?

Melanie@Unravelled Threads

Celine said...

That dress is perfect on you - you look lovely

flnw.blogspot.com

Charlie said...

such a pretty dress :)

please, if you like come enter my little giveaway here: http://pinkwater-lily.blogspot.com/2010/05/teeny-tiny-giveaway.html

Sal said...

I love the back detail on that dress. So ladylike!

Brianna said...

I love the entire outfit, especially the little flowers on the dress. So cute.

http://the-not-so-secret-loves-of-bri.blogspot.com/

Jolie said...

Such beautiful scenery in your images, I lived in Nevada for half of my life and only ever saw the desert. How gorgeous and majestic. What a gorgeous gift from Mel.

Little Ocean Annie said...

I love the back of that dress, how classy! I really like your maniac grin, too! So pretty!

gina said...

Love the hat! The warm-colored hat and shoes and purse are the perfect finishing touch to that super flattering dress!

Anonymous said...

I remember awhile ago when you posted pictures from when you were in high school going to dances and etc, thinking that in one of them you looked exactly like Scarlett (circa Lost in Translation). Like, uncannily. Hah.

The Book of Right-On said...

This dress is so nice, that was a great present! it fits you perfectly! you're right the little back detail makes it even better!

going for a haircut next week, no brave enough to cut my hair myself yet! i tried on my boyfriend's brother and it was a disaster haha

Margaux

tess said...

I adore your red hat!

knittingnora said...

Lovin the dress, especially the back, and I like that length. I think its more accessible. Hello! The shoes are great!

Oh, and I really love the "smile with teeth" better then the grin. You get more of your energy that way! love it...

amanda said...

love this little dress! it's like it was made for you :)

A and A said...

needing that dress and the hat! You look so stunning.... ahhhh, we must meet soon.
x

Kimberellie said...

The fit on this dress is perfect! I can't believe you didn't pick it out yourself! It is just amazing and flatters your (awesome) figure awesomely! LOVE the shoes too. And that's funny about your son. That will be me in a few years!!

Tracy, The Wardrobe Wanderer said...

Such a lovely dress! It sort of reminds me of the dress I was wearing at the moment when my husband says he knew he had to pursue me ;) lol
That dress of mine unfortunately shrunk as I washed it wrong, so I'd love to find another one like it. You look amazing in this!

stylefyles said...

these photos are fantastic!

Seval said...

Oh that dress fits so good on you! You look perfect with the combination of bag, hat and shoes too! Wonderful!!! :) And I'm telling you, the video was so natural, so good, don't worry :)

Chloe, Butterfly Cupcakes said...

Great outfit, I love the red accessories. So cute about your son.

closet365 said...

That dress is darling and the red additions totally complete the look.

I forgot to leave a comment, but I also loved the video. I love seeing people actually talk and gesture because it's so different from photos. Or maybe I'm just weird. Haha.

Kelly @ blackdog finds said...

I love that hat!! I've been looking to thrift one similar to that style.

The colors are great in your outfit, you look fab!

Eyeliah said...

I like that you are cheesy (yes I watched the video). I am cheesy too, it is more fun!

idée_géniale said...

i'm so so happy you like it! It looks so great on you, ha, I couldn't even pull it off half as well as you do, so i'm happy it found a good home.
sigh, i think i might just watch your hair video just becuase I miss you so.
i'm not creepy, just missing you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...