9.4.10

more mold

I totally bought these shoes from Urban Outfitters and I don't even feel bad about it.  They have instantly given my neutral wardrobe and prints and complete new vibe, total makeover and they are incredibly, ridiculously, comfortable.  I never used to wear heels, thus my 1 sandal, 1 boot per year rule, but now I have created a new category: 1 new heel per year, to accommodate my new liking for height.  Yes I can do that and I feel totally justified. This outfit is like the more summery version of the pant and sweater outfit I wore a couple of days ago.  I am loving these 70s sweaters so much!  I did my back porch background again today, it was so warm near that brick I just feel like pulling up a chaise lounge and soaking up the vitamin D!!  Ahhhh this is what I have been longing for! I am also trying different indoor locations.  This last one is in my entry way.

Yesterday's pics were taken just out from my front door.  Those mountains are so beautiful and, well, majestic (as cliche as it sounds, but cliches happen for a reason you know).  They are like a constant companion, giving me a stable sense of direction, a landmark to orient myself, and unwavering beauty.  I like that I don't live on the mountain (a, in my opinion, more challenging environment), but next to it.  Living with such a strong horizon line places me in very uncomfortable territory when I am in cities and out of my element.  One of the days that I was in NY, Mel put me on a subway and sent me on my way to the general area of my hotel.  She was very carefully explaining to me how to get home, but when I got up on the street I completely panicked and was more lost than I have ever felt!  After wandering aimlessly, looking for SOMETHING familiar (Street names mean nothing to me) I called my husband to help me find my way.  He was like "OK, make it so the Walgreens is on you left and walk forward, now look up really high, do you see the Chrysler building?  Walk toward that and soon you will see Bryant Park."  He's so good.

I was so interested to read your theories and personal "human mold" stories!  A few more girls from my mold are below!  I have never seen this Pushing Daisies show, but she is adorable!  Next is a sweet blogger from Canada who I think could seriously be a genetic match of me from like 9 years ago, and finally there is this girl from Vegas who works with a cool girl named Leslie (this one seriously looks like my REAL Sister!)   If you have anymore let me know!
Pushing Daisies


Leslie's Friend from Vegas

36 comments:

crowdedcloset said...

LOVE this sweater againnn. Glad you decided to go for the heels bc they are so pretty on ur feet!!

xo, Kim www.crowded-closet.com

Kayla said...

I just bought those shoes! I'm so glad they look adorable on. You never know with random internet purchases.

http://senseofstyleiseternal.blogspot.com/

jen lainy said...

I love love love love love those shoes! Great buy!

SarahAnn said...

I must go buy those shoes immediately. I will never talk anyone out of buying much of anything, and especially not shoes. So to your new "heels" rule I say, Bravo!

Sal said...

Those heels are going to increase your summer fun potential exponentially!

Jennifer [Aspiring Fashionista] said...

Great shoes, and I love the artwork in your entry way! It's gorgeous!

miss jane said...

Girl, you got some seriously sexy stems! And those amazing shoes are the icing on the cake. I think you will get a lot of use out of them.

Asteria said...

OMG. Your shoes. There are no words. They are ineffable. Love it! Keep up the fierce fashion.

XOXO,
Asteria

thebigfouroh.tumblr.com

Emily said...

Yes, of course you look like the girl from Pushing Daisies! Which you should immediately rent and watch, because it was one of the best shows on TV ever.

!Tb0n3! said...

Love your shoes! And the nail polish!

Amy said...

I love those heels - color is one of my favs right now!

Kimberellie said...

Those shoes FANTASTIC. And they look comfortable. Also: I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE the art in your entry way. I have a strong strong feeling that I may want to steal your house AND your mountains. Yes, BEAUTIFUL.

Fifth Sparrow said...

Love your outfit, house and view (from yesterday!). They're all pretty amazing!
You definitely look like Chuck from Pushing Daisies (I can't believe I didn't think of that!). You have to watch the show, the clothes are amazing... it's such a visual treat! xxx

Senorita Fashionista said...

Wow, you really do have a familiar face Christina! Gorgeous all the same! I am digging those new shoes, the color is fantastic! I need to invest in some new shoes myself!

Julls said...

Oh,damn I love this outfit ! Just found your blog and it's awesome !

Would you like to exchange links or follow mabye ?

PS: The moutines in the previous post are stunning !

Jen said...

Those shoes? I DIE. So, so gorgeous.

Stephanie said...

I am so in love with this outfit! And the shoes, amazing.

Steph said...

AH! LOVE these heels! The color is great!

I recently fell in love with a pair of green heels from Modcloth that have done wonders for my wardrobe as well..
feel free to check out my post about them if you wish... :)

http://collandsteph.blogspot.com

Amy said...

Those shoes are ABSOLUTELY. GORGEOUS!!!!

xoxo
Amy

http://thebargainhunterextraordinaire.blogspot.com

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

That outfit is fabulous on you!! I am dying over those shoes!!!!!!

Tina Z said...

Yeah, I may have to buy these shoes! Seriously great find.

tess said...

awesome heels

I wish I had mountains

Healthy and Homemade said...

amazing heels, and your hair looks gorgeous!

Melanie said...

I LOVE this outfit!! And the new backgrounds, new poses, your hair! Too much awesomeness. I have to go. No, wait, I just read your last few posts, too. I can't handle it!

xx, Melanie lightssobright

Jasmine said...

this look just screams summer/spring! from head to toe it's perfection! i love your new heels! i'm not one for heels either (even though i'm only 5'2"), but you are making me re-think with these! ah!

fashionforwriters.com said...

Those shoes are the best! I love them and I love that you painted your nails gray!

xo Jenny

The Tights that Bind said...

I'm OBSESSED with those shoes - the color is just so springy!! And the gray polish goes so well with the shoe color, too!!

www.thetightsthatbind.blogspot.com

Diana Hunter said...

I found that when I also had long brunette hair I was always being told I looked like actresses, singers, someones neice....It was like I was everybodys 'girl-next-door'.

My hair is now short and auburn, nobody suggests I look like anyone anymore. I do belive in your concept of 'human molds' but I also think many people do not look beyone one outstanding feature (say long hair or blue eyes, etc.) You are still your own outstanding self!

piglet said...

Thos shoes are gorgeous, what a lovely colour!
I love the whole look, it's very clean and fresh.

daughteroftheRiver said...

Funny you bring up the mold thing. When I first started following you I thought about sending you a picture of my husband's cousin. You two could easily be sisters!
Guess there are lots of gorgeous ladies out there lucky enough to share your characteristics :)
Love your outfit today, fantastic choice on the new heels!

Tanvi said...

Love the colour!

Nadia Kamballa said...

Cute top!! I love that the shoes match your top..

http://thenovembergirl.blogspot.com

Elle said...

Love those shoes. The fourth picture is gorgeous, you have legs to die for! Lucky you!

So I have been a reallly lazy commenter lately, and rarely come out of the woodwork anyway, but when I saw this, I HAD to check in and say that ever since I first saw you on this blog, you reminded me of Lauren Graham- you know, from Gilmore Girls? (Not that I am nerdy enough to watch that, sheesh... it doesn't count if my boyfriend secretly hoardes the dvds, and I am kind enough to watch WITH him right?!)I definitely see Maggie G too!

Love and peace! :)

Keira said...

Love, love, love these shoes! I had a pair of wedges in a similar teal suede, and I wore them with absolutely everything until the soles fell off. I've been on a mission to replace them for years.

lolawho said...

you look adorable! (as always)

Delightfully Tacky said...

This is one of my favorite outfits you've ever worn. You look amazing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...