19.2.10

Mrs. Fox


This was my outfit for my last day in NY (Wednesday). We decided to walk around all day.  Just wander and see what we find.  We did find a great costume shop where we purchased a few props for our son (a Captain America Shield, Robin Costume, etc.) and I got a new mask as well. I am not sure why, but I have been wanting a fox mask for a while now. Coincidentally, my outfit felt very much like what a fox might wear (I have not seen that Wes Anderson movie yet, but must subconsciously have images stored somewhere in my mind’s image bank) The sweater is a vintage find from Beacon’s Closet as well as the belt and shoes.  My headband was knitted by Mel of Idee Geniale and my pants are actually a great vintage overall/ suspender thing I got thrifting back at home.  I loved this outfit I think the most of all my outfits this week.  Not sure why. I think the comfort and ease of these pants and the vintage feel maybe. 

Later that evening we very quickly met up with Mel and Nickie for drinks at a bar called Stitch.  They both work in the Garment District and this is a spot they frequent after work. I loved asking them all about the ins and outs of their jobs.  Nickie designs beautiful one of a kind beaded gowns and summarized the entire process for us from how she gathers inspiration to the way she sketches her designs all the way through production and to the final piece.  She does much of the intricate beadwork herself to ensure that ever detail is perfect.  The whole process was fascinating to me.  Mel works as the buyer and merchandiser for Kensie and is part of a very different wing of the process.  She has to look at what the designers put out, chooses the pieces that will create a cohesive collection, and places the orders for what the stores will stock months later.  Both women KNOW their clientele so well.  I loved getting a sneak peak into the lives of two very smart women in the different parts of the fashion industry.

I ended my day discovering that several emails had somehow slipped into my spam folder again.  These emails were from individuals that had never emailed before, (some had never even emailed a blogger before breaking the “Lurker” silence! Not that I have any problem with lurking since I did the same for more than a year before working up the courage to comment!)  I was mortified that I had missed them especially since they had finally gotten up the guts to say something.  I stayed up till 1:30 or so apologizing and trying to tie up any loose ends before I return home to a whole new set of priorities.   The terrible thing is that my spam is deleted after just a couple of weeks so I have no Idea how many times this has happened. If I have missed you, if you would like, please email again.  I will change my spam settings as soon as I get home and check it frequently even after.  All right.

COMMENT OF THE DAY: Awe Man! Well at least its not just me!

Chaucee said...

If you use gmail they can be really tricky with spam. For some reason all the emails I have sent other gmail users have almost always been sent to their spam box - and we're friends! :P Good luck on figuring it out!
Ps - Outfit is super cute : ) Love the head wrap.

16 comments:

Chaucee said...

If you use gmail they can be really tricky with spam. For some reason all the emails I have sent other gmail users have almost always been sent to their spam box - and we're friends! :P Good luck on figuring it out!

Ps - Outfit is super cute : ) Love the head wrap.

winniecoop said...

Love that outfit! Very cute.

amanda said...

wow. i love that outfit of yours. i would probably fight you for that orange sweater and those fab shoes. i can get pretty scrappy when i need to, just sayin'. no, but for real, you looked gorgeous!

chicfaced (Megan) said...

Fantastic!

Girl from the North Country said...

oh you look so adorable as Mrs. Fox. I love that outfit! I'm so glad you and Mel got to meet up, you two are hands down my two favorite bloggers!

Charles said...

i love the 'foxiness' lol! great outfit, as always--i especially love the coat and shoes :)
xx

J. said...

Your shoes are to die for! Love them!

Your fox mask is very cool!

fiammetta said...

mi sono innamorata del tuo blog e del tuo faccino ! sei proprio carina e divertente complimenti, cara . ti seguirò ciao ciao ciao da roma

Ms. B @ Millie Deel said...

So in love with your sweater and your shoes!!!

zoe said...

I just recently started following your blog. I adore your style! It's so unique, but so put together. Even your self-proposed "lazy" outfits are great.

Leproust Vintage said...

awwww yay! Three of my very favorite bloggers!!!

Thanks for the heads up on spam...I have never even checked mine before...yikes!!

myedit said...

Wow, that fox mask looks really natural with your outfit. So funny... I love the knit headband and I'm glad you had a good time!

Clare said...

Aw, I love that orange sweater, and those easy breezy pants! It looks like you guys had such a blast!

Varpu said...

Oh I love animal masks!! And your outift suits it so well, love the orange sweater especially!!
x

Gabrielle said...

foxy, indeed. i love animal masks! i wish i had more occasions to wear them.

ShoeObsessed said...

I wish we had vintage shops here like you do in the States. I love your looks, their always so classy with an added spunk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...