10.2.10

come back to earth

Hi.  I didn't post yesterday.  It is the very first time in months that I have failed to post on a week day.  Felt pretty strange. Thank you for your very thoughtful and caring comments.

A few matters of business:

  1. Did the CD winners all receive the Pole Dance Disks in the mail?  If so, are they playable?  If so, where you offended by the last song by the Stones? If so will you forgive me?  Two people have emailed explaining that their disks were cracked and will be receiving replacement CDs, and if there are any others, I would like to get that taken care of today.  
  2. I received some very good advice regarding the philosophy forum and as I gather myself and weigh my options on this, I will keep you posted on any developments.  I am happy to see that there is so much interest.  
  3. Posting may be sporadic in the coming week as I will be traveling and around in New York.  (My house will Not be empty and I live on sort of a gated compound so I think It is pretty safe to say that I will be gone.) I will be posting while in NY and will take as many pictures as I can of not only outfits, but also at the events and of other gorgeous bloggers!  I have a few great fun things planned so I hope my intentions for posting will work the way I would like them too!  I would really like to photographically share this experience with you.  
I am sorry if this is bit disjointed.  The reality that I am leaving tomorrow finally hit and I am not prepared at all. Yikes! Its funny how my little Virgo brain can have such a clear organized and idealistic vision of how things should go down, but reality just doesn't dish out the right elements.  Remember that show back in the 90's where the daughter was half alien (on her dads side) and she could clap her hands together and freeze time!  What I wouldn't give! But then I would probably use that clap all the time and be like 15 years older than I should be!

My outfit today is the third and final playsuit that my son picked out for me at Target.  I know with the dots again, but what can I say!  The boy has taste! I really love how flirty and tap dancy this feels.  My headband was made by Mel of Idee_Geniale and you can get one like it at her Etsy Shop Little Knitty Things.  It is so soft and has the sweetest beads sewn on.  I love it so much.  My shoes were from an Etsy shop as well!  (been doing a little Etsy shopping lately!!) Amanda's Style blog Off Of Broadway features previews of things she adds to her great vintage shop Amandromeda where I got these lovely shoes!  I also purchased a really amazing dress from another shop but am saving a special post for that beauty!  Thanks again Paige

One last thing,  My dress from yesterday's post was actually like a light weight dolman sleeve blazer I found in the plus sized section of the thrift store.  I cut the shoulder pads out and crossed it over and pinned and belted it shut.  Never underestimate the over looked corners of thrift shops.  I probably won't be taking that one to NY in favor of warmer garb, but who really knows what I am taking at this point!

{EDIT:  If you would like to see the playlist I made for my pole dance class, which was included on my 20 CD giveaway, I put it in my "Ask me anything"  place!  Thanks for the interest and again if you would like one, you can send me a self addressed and stamped PHOTO MAILER envelope and I will send you one when I get back!  Email me at secondskin19(at)gmail(dot)com for details!  Thanks again!}


COMMENT OF THE DAY: YEAY!  Stephanie remembered the name of that show!  I couldn't for he life of me remember it but I know the song by heart! And to answer some questions, Yup that is a romper, yup you do have to get naked to pee and poop, yup my boy and I went shopping at target I think like last Wednesday so these are current!  


Blogger Stephanie said...

Is your polka dot piece a romper or a tunic? I can't tell. It's adorable!

I remember that show, but I think it was the 80s...OUT OF THIS WORLD. Oh how I've wished for that power too. I think I tried (when I was little of course) & it never worked. haha.

43 comments:

tess said...

love this romper!

grace said...

i got my cd a few days ago and haven't gotten around to saying a proper thanks yet, so thank you!

it's playable and going on my ipod. it'd be slim pickings if we let a few bad words influence our music choices, so no offense taken on the last track at all!

i was pleasantly surprised to find it mostly mellow rock and soul...when i heard "pole dance", i imagined some mix of popular hip hop and other "sexy" top 40's miscellany. but this is different and puts things in another perspective. thank you!

Alyson said...

Your son has GREAT taste... For real... Polka dots are my favorite pattern.

I am curious, what is the stones song you put on the mix tape?

Kelley Anne said...

I hope you have a marvelous time! I can't wait to see pictures.

Hannah said...

I never would have though that dots and leopard print could go together so well, but you did it and it looks amazing!

WildBirdVintage said...

Very excited to get NY updates. Have fun!

Diana said...

This romper looks adorable on you. I love the polka dots!

Stephanie said...

Is your polka dot piece a romper or a tunic? I can't tell. It's adorable!

I remember that show, but I think it was the 80s...OUT OF THIS WORLD. Oh how I've wished for that power too. I think I tried (when I was little of course) & it never worked. haha.

Erin said...

you son has impeccable taste! i love having my token shopping buddy with me, my boyfriend, because he always finds things i don't see. i can't wait to see all of your photos from new york.

A and A said...

The last post was extraordinary... that all black+hat combo with the statement piece was just glorious.
Our hearts have been with you... anything that kicks us off our rocker is a shocker and we are sincerely thinking of you and sending loving vibes.
You are stunning in every post... your outfits and styling gets more exciting each time we come, a wonderful accomplishment.
so happy we are back to be filled with all good things. Have an amazing trip in NY. Best to you...

xx
amy and alex, refusestolabel.blogspot.com

cadencesmama said...

Did you get all those adorable target playsuits recently?

Fabulocity in Amish Country said...

This jumper is awesome! I love how the whole look is put together. That headband is rockin' too! :)

idée_géniale said...

Um, I'm a virgo too, did we know this about each other? because now that explains alot! I can't wait to meet you. I also can't believe that your leaving tomorrow!
You're rockin; the headband and I've been knitting up a storm. I think you'll be impressed. very soon.

Little Ocean Annie said...

Oh, I loved that show! "Would you like to swing on a star? Carry moonbeans home in a jar?..." The song was pretty great, too! :)
I hope you have such an amazing time in NYC! Looking forward to your pictures!

Little Ocean Annie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
chelsea said...

I received the cd a few days ago but wa sick & never opened it. I read your post this morning about the cds being cracked & sure enough mine was. Good thing I checked!And I LOVE that stones song! I also happen to like joan jett's version of it. You will Love NYC!! Have fun!:)
Chelsea_212@yahoo.com

amanda said...

i totally have to get a romper if only to wear it at home. i think you look so great in them! those shoes look amazing on you! i love them so much but they didn't fit me. so glad you are able to enjoy them:) and thanks for the shout out and taking the picture and all that stuff. you are awesome and a great style inspiration, have a blast in nyc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Natalya's Closet said...

I love this outfit, those shoes are fab! Have a blast traveling around NY, Im so jealous!! xoxo

Jen said...

I love to see you in a daintier shoe - you really suit this cute, girly look!

Cannot wait to see what adventures you encounter in NYC. Jealous, but so pleased for you. :)

Sonya said...

Target's rompers are sooo cute. I haven't seen this one but I love it!

www.sonyasark.blogspot.com

jjparks said...

Oh I'm going to check out those headbands on Etsy for sure!

jjparks.wordpress.com

princesspolitico said...

perfect combination between brown and navy - it works really well with the color of your hair! safe travels when you go to nyc!

xo.
princesspolitico.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

Great romper! I love Mel's headbands and I've been meaning to buy one! You look so cute in it that it's really wanting to make me break the bank for one...

myedit said...

I need to know... was that 90's show 'Alex mac' or something like that?
Have fun in NYC! Sometimes the fun of going to a big city is realizing how blessed you are with all the un-pillaged thrift stores at home! Can't wait to see you outfit choices...

B i k e W o r k P l a y said...

Have fun! Enjoy your "you" time with all the cool, fashionable bloggers that you'll be meeting. And for photographically sharing: Yay!!

Thank you so so much for visiting/commenting on my blog. I know you are ultra busy, it means so much! So thank you. :)

Enjoy yourself beautiful lady. I hope you don't miss your son too much (I bet that isn't possible! oh, and you look gorgeous in the new shoes!).

ANA said...

You look great! I'd love to know where you got this gorgeous polka-dot piece, I am currently so in love with white polka dots on black and very frustrated not to own any.

- Ana
http://www.ToilTroubleStyle.com

D. said...

I am dying for a romper! I promised myself one if I make an A on my next test. haha

Leproust Vintage said...

oh my goodness!! Why doesn't my target have any of these adorable little rompers?! You are too cute!

I hope that you have an incredible time in NYC! I am SO sad that I am not going this season (my hubby has another surgery tomorrow!) but I will definitely plan ahead and be there next season. I hope that al of my favorite bloggers decide to go again so that I can finally meet you all! :)

Hannah said...

He has FANTASTIC taste! :) I am going to buy every single romper that Target has right now. Love love love.

Lexie said...

i hope you have a WONDERFUL time in NYC! :)

closet365 said...

Have a most wonderful and inspiring time in the city! I can't wait to see pictures. Make sure and have lots of fun!

Kimberellie said...

You have such fantastic style. I am totally in love with your style and your blog! I love how you do all this and have a son! I too, have a boy, and boy oh boy is it hard to get outfit shots in!

Anyway, you continue to inspire me! Have fun in NY!

http://purplestinkindogtoy.blogspot.com/

catherine_sr. said...

I love that your son picked out your romper for you! Have a great time in the city... I lived in NYC before I moved to Taiwan and miss it all the time!
the renegade bean

Morgan Jordan said...

You are adorable and I love this outfit.

www.stylocrat.blogspot.com

San said...

New York Wohee! Have a fun trip.

I loved this TV show in the nineties. And I'm virgo too and have the same problem, everything should be ordered after my wishes...why isn't it?!!!

Lipstick Chick said...

Rompers look so GREAT on you! Tell your little man to pick out some more! With more polka dots! You just look so CUTE!

Have fun in NYC!!!!!

Katie said...

Love the romper!

LesCoquettes said...

Dot dot dot... That's such a cute look !
xx

• http://www.lescoquettes.fr •

Jessica said...

You have the cutest romper collection! Every time I visit your blog I find myself really wanting one of my own. You "winterize" them so perfectly. Those shoes are lovely too!

Eyeliah said...

I don't have it yet but I'm in Canada. :-)

flattery said...

I love that cute headband. I just recently started discovering your blog...I'm adding you to my links :)

anna said...

this is my favorite romper of them all!

gorgeous dress yesterday!! loved it!!

Christina said...

I LOVE your shoes!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...