17.11.09

NEW Goodwill


A new Goodwill opened near me and I made it over there on Sunday.  I have to say, I am a little more than thrilled.  I just CAN"T believe people get rid of the things they do!  Most of this stuff is VERY summer, but I know I can winterize most of it.  I think a few things will go to the Etsy store but I am not sure yet.  I am pretty excited about most of these things.  EVEN MORE exciting is that while I was shopping I spotted a very chic, well put together, gorgeous girl wearing a pair of  FANTASY BOOTS (Another example at Idee Geniale).  It turns out she is a fellow blogger!  So exciting!

Its is ironically so surreal to meet someone in real life that has such a wide spread, well established web presence. It made me realize (though I was sure I KNEW, I'm sure) that you are all really REAL people.  For Real.  Like Me.  So weird.  I guess the weirdest part was that I thought the opposite.  Not that you are not real but . . . well, in many ways abstract.  Does anyone else feel this way?  Its like meeting a celebrity or something maybe.  For some reason you know all these things about these people, how they dress, their jobs, their boyfriend's or husbands names, that they love oxfords or wear berets, or dressed as Katy Perry for Halloween, that to do that special thing they do with their hair they don't wash it for 7 days or so, and a number of other details, but you don't KNOW them.    The thing that is really neat though, is that they look just as gorgeous (if not more) in real life!  AND THEY ARE STILL HUMAN.  Does anyone else trip about this?

15 comments:

d.rose said...

LOVE these finds!!! I want that blue and yellow top and the halter sun dress!! haha, GOOD eye!!

Clare said...

I totally share the trippy-blogger-in-real-life feeling with you. And I'm SO jealous of your Goodwill stuff. It's all incredible!

God's Favorite Shoes! said...

These were some great finds...especially the dresses and tops. Unfortunately, I live in Houston where running into a fellow blogger is highly unlikely because the city is so big. lol

Plus, I never disclose where my FAVORITE Goodwill/Vintage store is unless I know their family history! LOL

A and A said...

wouldn't let go of ANY of these items... but thats because I (amy) have a problem with justifying just about any kind of purchase... i'm working through it :) I want to come live in your closet of sweaters.... seriously. Alex and I would have a grand time... san francisco has fall weather year round so anything of this nature is incredibly appealing.
Thanks for checking in with us and leaving thoughts... this is a gem of a destination for us... next paycheck i'm getting that sweater (if its still there)

xx amy and alex

http://refusestolabel.blogspot.com

Krystal said...

You're too sweet! And I must say, I love your blog and the photography! It has a nice signature look to it, everything from the color of that wall to the mannequin.

Let's go shopping soon! You have such a wonderful eye for vintage and I'm luckily a size 7 in shoes, so no rock paper scissors for us. :)


p.s. You cleaned up at Goodwill, girl! That grey cardi is so cute with the belt. Shoot me an e-mail sometime: krystalbick@yahoo.com.

piglet said...

Oooh I really love the red skirt/dress! Lovely!

I don't have much chance of running into fellow bloggers here in New Zealand. Though I have met one, and she is lovely.

bronze chandeliers said...

The red dress looks great!!

idée_géniale said...

Oh that's so cool! Looks like you scored alot of loot there! I can't wait to go thrifting up in Canada next week when I'm at my parents' place. Its impossible to find cheap vintage here.

Thanks for the shout-out(s). And yes, bloggers are the new celebrities!

{megs in wonderland} said...

seriiiiously. seeing fellow bloggers in real life is so weird, i feel you on this, its a total trip for me too. and your goodwill purchases are bitchin, nice work lady!

Hanako66 said...

what great finds!!!!

Teeney said...

WOW look at all the treasures!! I LOVEE goodwill as well! haha funny, I also bought a skirt that I turned into a dress as well! Guess great minds really do think alike =]

xo's

- Teeney

Leproust Vintage said...

awww yay! I love Krystal's blog....how neat that you two ran into each other!

BTW...that white sweater is gorgeous!! Are you keeping it or putting it on etsy?!

Leproust Vintage said...

awww yay! I love Krystal's blog....how neat that you two ran into each other!

BTW...that white sweater is gorgeous!! Are you keeping it or putting it on etsy?!

The Daily Fashionista said...

How cool that you came away with so many things! Usually when a thrift store has a grand opening in my area it's usually a bust, so I'm glad yours had so much to offer.

Zhcsyra hp said...

i really adore how u used and combined ur amazing skirts <33333


http://wwwtariarizona.blogspot.com/

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...